The Core provides automated DNA sequencing to scientists world-wide. The sequencing is performed by our staff of research associates who are available for technical support in preparing samples, interpreting research results and trouble-shooting problems. The Core also maintains ties to a network of researchers on the UCLA campus and elsewhere to whom questions can be referred.
Sequencing is performed on Biosystems 3730 Capillary DNA Analyzers that use capillary technology to achieve high quality, high throughput sequencing. The sequencing results are stored to a database system that manages and archives the sequencing data.
For sequence and database analysis tools visit the Young Hall Bioinformatics User Center.
Sequencing Services Contact Info
The Sequencing and Genotyping Core is located at
- 5309 Gonda Center on the UCLA campus.
- 695 Charles Young Drive South
- Los Angeles, CA 90095
- "Gonda Neurosci Genet Res Ctr" on the UCLA Campus Map
- Open 9AM to 5PM Mon-Fri, excluding university holidays
For more information about sequencing at the Core, call 310-825-5488
For more information about NextGensequencing at the Core, call 310-267-2461
- Uma Dandekar, GenoSeq Core Assistant Director
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 310-267-2461
- Fax: 310-794-5446