MiSeq Next-Generation Sequencing System
To find out more about this technology go to illumina MiSeq Page
The MiSeq personal sequencer delivers the fastest time to answer, a revolutionary workflow, and the widest breadth of sequencing applications, all in a compact and economical instrument. The MiSeq system uses TruSeq chemistry, the same proven reversible-terminator sequencing by synthesis technology used by all Illumina sequencing platforms.
MiSeq personal sequencing system performs both single and paired-end runs with read lengths of up to 2 x 150 base pairs. MiSeq system is capable of generating up to 4.6Gb of data per run. This platform also leverages a new proprietary protocol for efficient and cost-effective targeting of 10-100 amplicons.
The MiSeq instrument can generate up to 5 million short sequencing reads (36-150 bases) per flow cell. The large number of reads make it a great platform for projects requiring greater coverage such as ChIP-Seq, transcript counts, SNP detection, and small RNA analysis.
The Miseq enables researchers to go from sample prep to data analysis in as little as eight hours.
- highly multiplexed PCR amplicon sequencing
- TruSeq Amplicon- Cancer Panel
- targeted resequencing
- Small genome resequencing
- De novo sequencing
- small RNA sequencing
- Library QC for HiSeq
- 16s metagenomics studies
High Throughput Sequencing Services Contact Info
- The Sequencing and Genotyping Core is located at
- 36-125 CHS
- UCLA Center for Health Sciences Building
- UCLA Campus Map
- Open 9AM to 5PM Mon-Fri, excluding university holidays
- For more information about sequencing at the Core, call 310-267-2461 or contact:
- Uma Dandekar, GenoSeq Core Assistant Director
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 310-267-2461
- Fax: 310-794-5446